Learning to Receive God’s Gifts
“Faith receives God’s gifts as gifts; gratitude receives them well.” – Miroslav Volf
So often I have failed to receive God’s gifts as simply gifts. Rather, I accepted the gifts, but took the recognition for the gifts as though they resulted from my own doing. I took credit.
All the gifts come from the Giver. The one who loves.
So, I struggle to receive His gifts well, even when I acknowledge that all I have comes from Him, the Giver of Life. In my imperfection, I stumble through the receiving, the gratitude. I don’t know how to say, “thank you, I am grateful.”
I seek His face and let His love embrace me; I stand in a posture to simply receive and to give thanks. And then, in those moments, He transforms me. He is present, as always. But I see Him and feel Him in everything. And, I know that I am dependent on Him for it all.
His love and compassion envelop me. I understand what it means to truly love and be loved. And, I am fully, completely, grateful.
I know Peace.
Join me in receiving God’s gifts well, along with the Gratitude Community.
May 24, 2010
88. For every breath
89. For knowing love
90. For knowing I am the object of that love
91. For knowing and trusting that my husband is the object of Your love
92. For Your word
93. For knees that are able to drop to the floor
94. For aches and pains that remind me that I am alive
95. For spring rain
96. For the green and colors that follow
99. For the sun breaks that give hope of new life
100. For gentleness
101. For peace